Edith Ann Stewart, a San Diego based Dietitian and Founder of Spicy RD Nutrition, shared her favorite healthy energy bites recipe* with us!
These wholesome, no-bake bites are perfect for a quick energy boost before a workout!
*Recipe is vegan, paleo, and gluten-free.
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- Zest from 1 orange
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
If you try these vegan energybites, be sure to post and tag@thespicyrd on Instagram.
- Combine cashew nuts, apricots, coconut, and dates in a food processor bowl. Pulse ingredients until mixture is crumbled
- Add citrus zest, spices, and salt to mixture. Pulse ingredients to combine well, and process on high speed until mixture starts to stick together.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. With clean hands, shape mixture into 20 1-inch balls.
- Store in refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Or, store in freezer for up to 3 weeks.